Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Suitcase Display Table

Hi There...Here's a  little Table I made to use as a display at my vintage shows...
Of course I put a price tag on it too...I believe in selling everything...Well almost!
Anyway...


What do you think??


I got a plant stand at an estate sale with the sole purpose of using it to make a suitcase table.  The top of it was too small to hold much of anything anyway.

The original plan was to screw the suitcase on top but it would have ruined the inside lining...
So we decided to glue it on instead...Thus far it's held just fine...but I am careful not to pick it up by the suitcase..instead I grab the stand (that way I don't pull the case off).




I wasn't loving the color of the suitcase but I still kind-of hated to paint the whole thing...I like to leave a glimpse of what things were in the past...does that make sense?
Sooo...
I decoupaged the top with scrapbook paper...


 And stamped the sides....
Trying to give it a travel theme...
After all it is a suitcase!  :)





Here it is full of my fingerless gloves.


Another shot with burlap items...and at the show....


It did it's job very nicely...
Both the pumpkins and the gloves sold out.  :)
Denise
I will be linking up to the parties on my side bar...give them a visit!  :)






5 comments:

  1. I came over because I have a soft spot for old suitcases, but found the solution to the problem table sitting beside me. Stick a suitcase on it. How creative, and I love the mixed media art on the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna...It's a bit quirky but fun! :)
      Denise

      Delete
  2. I love this! I'm always looking for craft booth displays that are unique. Now to find a stand and old suitcase! I'm a new GFC follower.

    www.vintagecreationsbycw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your display. I use a vintage suitcase at my shows too. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative! I'm featuring you in this week's Power of Paint Party.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!