Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Frakinpillow an Easy to Sew Project

Today I'm sharing a project my daughter Autumn did.....


I call it "Frakinpillow."
Isn't it cute???


So here's what she did....
The size of Auto's pill form was 15"X 15" so the first thing she did is cut the canvas for the front 16"X 16"...This gave her room for a 1/2 inch seam allowance all the way around.


 After finding a image she liked on the internet, she used a pencil and lightly free handed the image onto her cloth canvas.  Using acrylic craft paint she simply filled it in....Easy Peasy!!




For the back she choose a fun bat fabric and used the envelope closure method...making the over lap large enough that we didn't have to put  buttons or a zipper in...(my goal was to make it a quick and easy project).  There are plenty of on line tutorials on sewing the back and we were in to big of a hurry to "get-er done" to take pics.....but a visit to Pinterest will give you more than enough instructions.  :)
Yup...She made a Candy Corn one too...Dang it's fun having a daughter!!...
LOVE YA BABE!!

Denise

I plan on linking to many of the parties on my side bar...check them out.
also including...

3 comments:

  1. super cute pillow! Fun too :) Great tutorial too. I like that you did your envelope with out buttons, I flip mine around all the time and sure don't want to nap on buttons! If you haven't before, hope you will stop by our Snickerdoodle Sunday sometime and party with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A creative daughter at that! Both pillows are just darling. Thanks for sharing them with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the bat fabric, it looks like lace at first until you refocus your eyes. Thanks so much for linking up at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!